Search

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Taylor-ed to perfection - The Freya Deco 'Taylor' bra reviewed!


  As you some of you may remember from one of my first ever blog posts, the Freya 'Deco' is a bra that I hold very close to heart. Not only was it the first bra that I ever bought after being refitted as my 'true' size, but it is also a bra that I have continued to purchase again and again in different shades and prints (you can see my earlier review of the 'Deco' here). 

  The 'Deco' comes in back sizes 28-38 and in cup sizes B-GG and has proved a real best-seller right from its launch. The 'Deco' is a bra that gives great cleavage, whilst being soft and comfortable enough to wear on an everyday basis. It is no wonder that as soon as I glimpsed a preview of the Freya 'Taylor' back in April of this year, I knew that I had to own it! 



  Thanks to Freya Lingerie, I was given the opportunity to review the eagerly awaited 'Taylor' Deco, after being fitted by a Freya expert. I went to my local Freya stockist and the lovely Unnis fit me into a 28FF. I had previously been wearing a 28F in the Deco and felt that I needed to size up in the cups, so I was very excited for my 28FF Freya 'Taylor' to arrive in the post!




  As you can see from the photo, the 'Taylor' builds on Freya's classic black Deco moulded bra, but has been updated with diagonal stripes, lace and velvet detailing and bronze and copper notes. The 'Taylor' is spot on-trend with its semi-sheer black mesh overlay, which gives flashes of the nude moulded cup beneath. The nude colour coming through the mesh really ramps up the bra's sex appeal, without actually revealing anything! 

  The diagonal stripes on the cups give the bra a more 'structured' look, drawing the eye towards the cleavage - meaning that all eyes are on you! The 'Taylor' is also complimented by a strip of bronze velvet ribbon that runs along the cups, adding a luxurious feel to the bra. The straps and centre of the bra boast copper and black satin and lace bows and the top of the cups feature black lace - subtle detailing which lends to the bra's glamorous finish. 



  To compliment the 'Taylor' bra, a matching thong (£12.50), high waisted brief (£16) or short (£12.50) is available. I went for the shorts, as it is a style of underwear that I find very comfortable to wear, as well as being sexy. Like the bra, the 'Taylor' shorts are predominantly black, with two diagonal strips of bronze velvet, black lace trims and a pretty copper and black bow at the centre. I love the panels of striped mesh at the hips, which show off a bit of 'peek-a-boo' skin underneath! (See detail below)


  In terms of fit, the 'Taylor' set was a great success. The bra band sits nice and snug in a 28 and the cups fit perfectly in a FF. The lightly padded cups give a beautifully rounded and uplifted shape and the plunge style gives a cleavage that is truly knock-out! I am also thrilled that the 'Taylor' has such exquisite detailing, whilst remaining seamless. The shorts are also very comfortable to wear and give very good coverage on the bottom. The 'Taylor' shorts are, on the whole, fairly seamless, showing through faintly under only the tightest of my bodycon dresses.


  It is not often that you come across a lingerie set that both oozes elegance and is also practical and comfortable enough to be worn everyday, but the 'Taylor' certainly delivers! What's more, at £33 for the plunge bra and £12.50 for the shorts, it is a bra set that is affordable, well-fitting and very good quality. With its unrivalled support and shape, I think that I have truly found my match in the 'Taylor'. It is definitely my favourite bra set of the moment and something that I would highly recommend to any larger busted lady...

Top marks, Freya!



Love, 
Kitty xo

*The Freya 'Taylor' also comes in a strapless multiway style - A review of the Freya 'Deco' Strapless will be coming soon!

12 comments:

  1. The more and more I see this gorgeous set, the more and more I want to buy it. Why am I resisting? I have so many bras as it is, what's one more......Hmmmmmmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bra None,

    Thanks for your comment. The 'Taylor' is a beautiful set - one that I would definitely 100% recommend. Freya 'Deco' bras really are worth their weight in gold! :)

    Love,
    Kitty xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of this bra! However, I do have a question about sizing as I am a true 28 F and I've heard that the Deco bras can run big. Since I'd be buying this lovely set online, and therefor would be unable to try it on, can you tell me if in your experience they run big or are fairly true to size? Thanks so much for your review of this great looking set :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mikayla,

    Glad you enjoyed the review! The Deco is notorious for being a bit more generous in the cup, so you may find that a 28E works ok for you.

    I was originally fit into a 28F Deco and was a smaller 28FF in other Freya bras at the time. I am now a bigger 28FF (sometimes take G cups in other brands) and now wear a 28FF in Deco bras.

    I think the best plan would be to order both a 28E and 28F to try on for size and compare the fit - If you are buying online, you can always return the one that does not fit as well.

    Hope this helps!
    Love,
    Kitty xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This arrived in my shop today and it by far my favorite deco (so far!) :-)
    I am also a 28FF and it is lovely ans snug, such a perfect fit! I love reading your blog, you always wrote my exact thoughts!
    I also like to review freya products so take a look at my blog!

    http://daisygabriella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi daisygabriella,

    I totally agree - the 'Taylor' is my favourite Deco yet! I'm looking forward to seeing what Deco designs Freya come up with next!

    I really like the 'Ocean' Deco from S/S12 and the candy coloured 'Ashlee' is pretty, although not a colour that I normally wear!

    So glad that you love reading my blog! :) I'm also following yours - it's great!

    Love,
    Kitty xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Great review :) I was wondering if you could help me with a sizing question. I fall somewhere between a 28F-FF, but I almost always choose to wear 28F. Do you think I should stick with 28F for deco bras or go down to 28E? I'd just order both sizes, but I live in Canada, so paying for returns to the UK is not a lot of fun!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon,

      Thanks - glad you enjoyed the review! Although I would always say it's best to order the two sizes to compare, I would say possibly the 28F might be the go for the Freya 'Taylor'.

      I am generally a 28FF in Freya bras and for a while I wore a 28F in the standard Deco bras. I feel that the 'Taylor' is slightly more true to size and the 28FF fits me well. I have the other standard Decos in a 28F and 28FF and I can wear both, although the 28F is slightly too small in the cups now.

      If you are between a 28F and 28FF, it would probably make sense to go for the 28F. If you have any further fitting questions or want any comparisons to other Freya bras, feel free to email me: undercoverlingerista @ gmail.com

      Hope this helps!

      Love,
      Kitty xo

      Delete
    2. Thank you! :) Very helpful.

      Delete
    3. No problem! Let me know how you get on :)

      Love,
      Kitty xo

      Delete
  8. I have this bra and it's one of my favourites, although I bought a too big bandsize. 28GG would have been much better for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon,

      I love the 'Taylor' and it's still one of my favourites. :) Glad you love it too!

      There are some gorgeous new Deco designs coming out soon too and the 'Taylor' is launching in charcoal and teal for this Autumn/Winter.

      If you want to see what else is in store for Autumn/Winter 2012, then you might enjoy my Eveden press preview here:

      http://undercoverlingerista.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/eveden-press-event-autumnwinter-2012.html

      Love,
      Kitty xo

      Delete

Leave me a message and let me know what you think of this post..