Search

Sunday 18 March 2012

A toast to the Masquerade 'Capella' bra


   Last November, I was delighted to get the opportunity to attend the Panache Spring/Summer 2012 press day held at the Sanctum Hotel. As a lover of sumptuous lingerie and beautiful patterns, it comes as no surprise that 'Masquerade' by Panache had me head over heels at first sight and the press day only served to confirm this!

  I viewed the Spring/Summer 2012 collections of Panache Superbra, Cleo, Panache Swimwear and Masquerade and although all of the ranges had pieces that I loved, it was Masquerade that stood out by a mile!

   Discovering the Masquerade range was akin to entering an Aladdin's cave of lingerie and the pieces had strong influences from Arabian antiquities and Persian exoticism - something reflected both in the patterns used and the rich fabric choices.
  


   With my taste for luxury, it was only to be expected that the Masquerade 'Capella' caught my eye, with its soft champagne satin sheen and exquisite contrasting black lace print! Since the Press day, I knew that the 'Capella' had to be mine, so when New Year came around and I saw this beauty discounted at Debenhams, I snapped this bra up quicker than you could say "2012"! 

(The 'Capella' bra comes in sizes 28-38 back and cup sizes D-G, whilst the short and thong come in sizes 8-18.) 


   The 'Capella' is a stunning underwired and moulded bra that is crossed between a balconette and plunge bra, with a 'sweetheart' shaped neckline. It is an extremely stylish and sophisticated bra and its champagne colour would suit a range of complexions, whilst appealing to a diverse age range. The rich satin and lace combination makes this bra very luxurious and opulent looking, without the extortionate designer price tag. 

   The 'Capella' features all over satin in a breathtaking champagne gold colour. The rich satin cups are set off by a delicately embossed intricate black floral lace pattern, which adds to the decadent vintage feel of this bra. To top it off, the 'Capella' boasts quite narrow satin wrapped straps and a pretty little black lace bow which adorns the centre of the bra.


(Close up showing the lace print detail, with the champagne satin peeking through from underneath)


   The 'Capella' is very cleverly designed, with its soft satin fabric and unusual printed lace cups, which give the bra a smooth finish. As a result, the 'Capella' remains fairly seamless under tight clothing, which is quite rare for such a pretty and ornate bra! 

   I was very impressed with the fit of the 'Capella' and my usual 28FF size was spot on. The back band felt snug and supportive (characteristic of Masquerade by Panache bras) and the shape it gave me was uplifted, rounded and with a nice cleavage to boot! My one criticism of the 'Capella' is that the straps are only partially adjustable, meaning that the strap 'lifespan' of this bra is greatly reduced.

   I was amazed at just how comfortable the 'Capella' was and I could happily wear it as an everyday bra, without feeling any digging in or discomfort at the end of a day at work. When it comes to comfortable everyday bras, I am usually a Freya 'Deco' girl, but the 'Capella' and its moulded cups, supportive fit and beautiful design would definitely encourage me to wear this bra everyday, as well as for 'special occasions'.



   At £39, the 'Capella' is not cheap, but it is very good value for money given its rich, quality fabrics and fantastic support. What's more, if you're tight for cash, you can snap up the 'Capella' for £27.30 on Figleaves at the moment. The 'Capella' also comes with the choice of an elegant satin and lace print short or thong (depending on your preference!) 

   The 'Capella' has quickly become one of my 'go to' bras of the moment and I love how silky soft the satin of this bra feels against my skin. This bra definitely makes me want to crack out the champagne and propose a toast..

"To Masquerade's 'Capella', for delivering comfort, support and style in equal measure!"

Love,
Kitty xo

2 comments:

  1. Great review as always! This is lovely but I wish it was available in larger cup sizes. I tried the Lula Mae recently and found the 36H enormous in the band but pretty good in the cup so I reluctantly had to return it. It gave such amazing shape and uplift so it was a real wrench to let it go. Come on, Masquerade: we want larger cups please!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you :) Glad you enjoyed it!

      It must be frustrating that Masquerade don't always go up to larger cup sizes - the Capella stops at a G.

      I really love Masquerade bras and I'm sure that they would sell just as well in upper cup sizes too!

      Love,
      Kitty xo

      Delete

Leave me a message and let me know what you think of this post..