With Christmas fast-approaching, now is definitely the time to finalise your Xmas wishlist! For lingerie addicts like me, Christmas is a great excuse for new lingerie and luckily for us lingeristas, there are some truly scrumptious pickings this festive season..
If you happen to be buying underwear for a special lady this Christmas, make sure that you take a look at some of my helpful tips too:
- Check the lucky recipient's bra size by peeking in her underwear drawer (don't get caught!)
- Try to make sure that you're buying something that will suit HER taste not just yours and try to pick something that fits in with her style/ personality etc. There is nothing worse than receiving the great gift of underwear for it to be left unworn in a drawer!
- Check the returns policy (make sure that you know the return date for your purchase(s) as you don't want for your recipient to be left with lingerie that doesn't quite fit right!)
- Look out for gift wrapping options at checkout and maybe a personalised message (Some companies do this for free e.g. Boux Avenue (complete with scented petals and lacey tissue paper!) and others charge a small fee e.g. Figleaves (£3.50) - it can be a really special touch!)
- Look up last Christmas shipping dates to make sure that your gift arrives in time!
- If you want to give the gift of lingerie but aren't sure what the recipient wants, give her a gift card - that way she can get exactly what she wants and you won't need to agonise about what to buy her (win, win!)
- Keep your eyes peeled for lingerie deals - it may not strictly be 'sale season', but that doesn't mean that you can't snap up a bargainous gift - more for your money..what's not to like?! (Check out Brastop for bargainous larger bust bras from just £10.95!)
(Picture via olgathetravelingbra.blogspot.co.uk)
Whatever bra size you are, you will certainly be spoilt for choice this Xmas - there are some really gorgeous lingerie styles out there that will make you look and feel fabulous. If you are a fuller busted girl like me, here are 12 great lingerie pieces out at the moment to tickle your fancy!
There's no denying that any of these beauties would look great under my Christmas tree..
1. Freya Ivy Underwired Padded Longline Bra, £32 (Available at Figleaves)
Longlines are big news in the style stakes at the moment and who could resist this fuller bust beauty from Freya? The delightful ivy print is perfect for getting into the Christmas spirit and the delicate red lace trims and little bow detail keep this set looking flirty and fun. The cups are lightly padded to offer great shape and support.
Available in sizes 30-38 D-G.
Also comes as an underwired balcony bra (£30) (28-38 D-J) at Bravissimo.
Say hello to seduction in this gorgeous plunge bra from Bravissimo! With its deep neckline and lightly padded cups, you can count on it to deliver a lovely cleavage all the way up to a J cup. The purple/pink base is accented by irresistibly cute purple polka dots and purple ruffle and bow trimmings - the perfect Xmas treat for a special lady!
Available in sizes 28-38 DD-J.
How beautiful are the mesh bow back briefs (£18) too?
3. 'Tease Me' Balconette Bra by Curvy Kate in Cherry/Blush, £29 at Brastop
Proving that fuller cup lingerie can be both supportive and sexy, the 'Tease Me' in this gorgeous cherry red colourway is guaranteed to make anyone's heart skip a beat! With its balcony style cups, intricate lace mesh overlay and striking cream ribbon details, this bra oozes boudoir glamour!
Available in sizes 28-38 D-HH.
As Undercover Lingerista readers will know, I'm a sucker for Freya's popular 'Deco' bras and I cannot wait to add the new Deco 'Honey' in purple to my collection! The 'Honey' delivers comfort, support and style without being overly fussy..and who could deny the allure of its knock-out cleavage and vibrant colour?
Available in sizes 28-38 D-GG.
Also comes in firecracker red.
Claudette has been on my radar for a while and I love this quirky neon 'Dessous' bra. This soft cup bra is crafted from turquoise semi sheer mesh and the contrasting black picot trim and appliqué grosgrain bows add to this bra's flirty and fashionable appeal. This bra is ideal for trendy girls that love to be playful with their underwear choices!
Available in Sizes 30-38 A-G.
For simple and classic sophistication, Bravissimo's 'Satine' hits the nail on the head. The ivory colourway makes me think 'Christmas snow' and 'a touch of bridal beauty' all in one and its smooth satin will make you feel both comfortable and elegant. It is a customer favourite and it is easy to see why - who doesn't love practical but luxurious lingerie that can be worn everyday?
Available in sizes 28-38 DD-J.
As soon as I spotted it, I fell in love with the punchy colour clash of this red satin and pink mesh number! This bra offers something quirky and original thanks to its thick straps and gold hardware, plus it features a quirky cut out strap back. This is certainly a sexy bra that refuses to go unnoticed!
Available in sizes 30-38 A-G.
8. Miss Mandalay 'Amelie' Mink/Black balconette bra, £46
If you're looking for sophisticated lingerie that oozes refined glamour, get ready to fall for the 'Amelie' balconette bra. This sumptuous mink satin and black lace bra has 'classy and fabulous' written all over it! There is no surprise that this is one of Miss Mandalay's most popular bras and it's selling out fast!
Available in sizes 28-38 C-GG (limited stock)
A few more sizes available at Large Cup Lingerie and Red Box Lingerie.
9. Marlies Dekkers Dame de Paris padded balcony bra, £59 at Red Box Lingerie
Stylish, edgy and worn to be seen, this Marlies Dekkers bra makes a statement and has been famously worn by Lady Gaga and Victoria Beckham, no less! This is the ideal bra for those that want to channel the 'underwear as outerwear' trend and this bra has unlimited possibilities. One to wear and be seen in!
Available in sizes 32-36 D-F.
10. Mimi Holliday by Damaris Cheeky Minx Lace Long Shoulder Bra, £55 at Figleaves
After my first run in with Mimi Holliday, I'm hooked on the brand's flirty cuts and luxurious fabric combinations. This 'Cheeky Minx' bra is sure to impress with its pretty leopard print pattern and vibrant pink lace panels. Its unique shoulder bra design is a great twist on traditional bra styles - who could resist such a cute and fashionable lingerie set?
Available in sizes 30-36 D-FF (limited sizes)
11. Masquerade by Panache 'Delphi' Basque, £61 at Figleaves
Why limit yourself to a bra when there are such gorgeous alternatives on the market too? This sexy satin basque from Masquerade is a dream come true for fuller busted ladies and will not only look stunning and flatter curves, but will support them too! Featuring delicate mesh and embroidered details with integral boning for a great fit, this vintage style basque is a real showstopper!
Available in sizes 28-38 D-GG.
12. Tatu Couture 'Giselle' bustle back brief, £95
If you want to buy lingerie that wows, don't forget a dramatic and sexy pair of knickers. This Tatu Couture lace bustle brief is just gorgeous with its edgy 'cut out' effect mesh panels that reveal a peek of skin underneath. Featuring a fabulous padlock tattoo print, lashings of enchanting black lace ruffles and a quirky zip opening, these knickers are truly irresistable!
Available in sizes S, M, L
I hope you like my Christmas lingerie wishlist - it is certainly not exhaustive, but if I had to pick my 12 Christmas 'must-haves', it would be these!
I've been a very good girl this year..