Search

Tuesday 20 November 2012

Loungewear for the fuller bust: Freya 'Marina' Pyjamas Review



   As the days get shorter and the temperatures drop, it really feels as though we have hit the cold Winter months...which also means that the Christmas season is drawing ever nearer! Before I get prematurely carried away with festive images of mince pies, mulled wine and Xmas turkey, Winter is also a great time to snuggle up in the warmth and recharge your batteries in good company. 

   One of my Winter weather (and lazy weekend) luxuries is relaxing at home in my PJ's, but it is not always easy to find pyjamas that are comfy, stylish AND support a larger bust. A little while ago I discovered Freya's loungewear collections thanks to Lazeme. Freya's lounge collections feature dual sized garments that come in clothing sizes (XS-XL) as well as bust sizes (B-DD or E-G). The support takes the form of an integral chest panel which provides support to a range of bust sizes.



   I first set eye on the Freya 'Marina' lounge sets (the pyjamas and chemise) at the Eveden A/W 2012 press day and the print and colours really stood out to me. Whilst I loved the 'Marina' chemise (which is the same in style as the 'Gracie' chemise that I reviewed), I feel that nighties are best suited to the warmer months of the year. Thanks to Lazeme, I was excited to be able to try out the 'Marina' pyjama set, which is sure to keep me feeling warm, comfy and stylish this Winter:



   True to form, my Lazeme loungewear arrived beautifully packaged and presented like a gift. It is always fantastic when companies pay attention to detail like this and it makes the customer feel very special!

   The Freya Lounge 'Marina' pyjamas consist of a long sleeve top and ribbon tie pyjama trousers, both of which boast a unique brushstroke print in a vibrant colour palette of purple, teal, blue, grey and black. As you can see from the picture below, the pattern resembles a leafy floral print, giving this set an Autumnal vibe!


   What is lovely about this set is that the trouser bottoms have an all-over brushstroke pattern, whereas the long sleeve top is predominantly black but features a printed hem, neckline and cuffs. The black top adds great contrast to the set and breaks up what could otherwise be quite a 'busy' pattern. I also love the rich purple satin bow on the adjustable gathered trouser band, which adds a stylish finish to the set!



   One of the key features of the 'Marina' lounge set is the top, which has a built-in secret cotton support panel. I got this top in a size XS E-G, which roughly equates to a size 8 with an E-G bust. I often wear a size 10 in tops, so I feel that the sizing is towards the generous side in Freya's lounge tops.

   The bottom edging of the support panel is elastic and whilst the panel detail is not as 'heavy duty' as a built-in bra, it does give light support to the wearer. As around a 28FF-G cup (28FF in most Freya lingerie), I really enjoyed having that bit of extra support from my nightwear and it is certainly nice to lounge around in pyjamas and feel comfortable without a bra on.

   My one criticism of the support panel is that it is verging on being too small for me in the bust. It provides good support when I lounge around the house in it, but after wearing it to bed for the night, I do find that the band rides up and sits slightly on the bottom of my breast tissue by morning. I feel that this is something to bear in mind if you are on the upper end of the E-G bust range.


   Never-the-less, the 'Marina' lounge set looks lovely on and is incredibly soft against the skin and comfortable to wear. The cut of the scoop neck top is flattering and the top is additionally a decent length to ensure that it does not ride up with movement. The arms and bust are more fitted and the fabric falls nicely over the stomach.

   I was also really impressed with the trousers as I often have problems with the length, being 5ft10! I got a size Small (roughly a UK10) which I wear on my hips and they drape beautifully to my ankles. The trousers are extremely soft and comfortable and I would quite happily live in them if I could! The gathered adjustable waist-band and ribbon tie is also an elegant and practical touch.


   I really like the 'Marina' loungewear set - the pattern is unusual and effortlessly chic, whilst the fabric is very soft with a good amount of stretch. What is also great about this pyjama set is that you could mix and match the top or bottoms with a different lounge set, like the Freya 'Gracie' in black:


   As I mentioned earlier, the only thing that this set could benefit from is slightly more room in the bust -perhaps Freya could experiment with a GG+ support panel option for the future too?

   There is nothing better than cosying up this Winter in comfy loungewear that packs a fashion punch. At £30 for the 'Marina' top and £30 for the 'Marina' trousers, this is a great quality set from Freya that will see you through the cold Winter months. Nightwear makes for a great Christmas present too and coupled with Lazeme's gift wrapping presentation, the recipient will certainly be in for a luxurious treat!


To see Lazeme's full range of sleep and loungewear products, click here.

Love,
Kitty xo

4 comments:

  1. wow nice collection for all dresses. i love all girls loungewear set.it is unique color..I love your enthuiasm and writing style.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message and let me know what you think of this post..