Search

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Best of British: Jonathan Aston blogger 'style off' competition!


   Jonathan Aston was founded in Leicester in 1965 and since then has quickly become an iconic fashion hosiery brand, counting celebrity fans in the form of Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Jessie J. Jonathan Aston's collections include everything from trendy tights with graphic patterns and bold colours to vintage-style stockings, cute anklets, lace knee-high socks and 60's-esque leggings and skeggings (skirt and leggings all in one!)



   As a fan of fashion and style blogs, I was excited to hear about Jonathan Aston's 'Blogger Style Off Competition' and I couldn't wait to put my fashion styling to the test. With all of the 'Best of British' buzz surrounding the Jubilee and with the Olympics fast-approaching, it seemed very fitting for the competition to involve creating an outfit around a pair of Jonathan Aston's Union Jack print tights...



    The Union Jack flag print on these tights is quite loud and eye-catching, so I really wanted the tights to do the talking. However, where the temptation is to reach for a black, red, blue or white dress, I wanted to make this look wearable and not look too much like fancy dress or a Spice Girls reunion outfit! With this in mind, I put together an outfit that channels my personal style, but at the same time challenges it. 

   I am a big fan of blouses, so this red-orange ruffle shirt from Peekaboo vintage was a great starting point. Leather is a great way of toughening up a girlie look, so my faux leather flared mini skirt from H&M updates the look really well and gives the outfit shape by drawing emphasis to my waist. I then added gold stud earrings, a vintage gold chain waist belt and a TOPSHOP black gem statement necklace under the collar of my blouse for added impact. Contrasting gold stud heeled boots (from Love Label) lend to a glamorous finish. Finally, a slick of dramatic red lipstick and black cat-eye flicks complete my 'Best of British' look.


   The exciting news is that the winning blogger of the Jonathan Aston style competition wins a 'Best of British' Hamper filled with goodies and I would love to give his hamper to a lucky Undercover Lingerista reader!

All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is:

1. VOTE for my picture (same as above) by LIKING it on the Jonathan Aston Facebook page
2. For an extra entry, LIKE my Facebook comment about the competition!
   
If I get the most 'likes' and win, I will select a winner at random using a random number generator..

Thanks for your support! :) (Voting ends Monday 23rd July at 10am)



Love,
Kitty xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message and let me know what you think of this post..