Search

Monday 22 August 2011

Shaken but not stirred - The Freya Supernova 'Voodoo' bikini


On holiday, every girl dreams of emerging from the sea in true bond girl style, so when I spotted the glamorous Freya Supernova 'Voodoo' bikini on sale on Brastop, I had to snap it up! Freya's 'Supernova' collection builds on their previous 'Vodkatini' collection, which features the same bikini styles of an underwired cup bikini top and soft triangle non-wired top. Although only the underwired bikini top came in my 28FF size, I was intrigued to try the triangle bikini top in a 30F, as it was very different from the other bikini styles that I owned...


The Freya Supernova 'Voodoo' bikini is a striking raspberry pink colour, offset by sleek contrasting white and charcoal trimming. This eye-catching combination gives the bikini a feel of glamour and sophistication, whilst remaining quite classic looking. Both the bikini top and briefs are adorned with silvery charcoal buckles, which each feature the 'Freya' logo.


The buckle detailing on the Freya 'Supernova' immediately made me recall the gorgeous 'Bond girls': Ursula Andress and Halle Berry, who have set the big screens alight with hollywood glamour in their seductive buckle swimwear...


Not only is the Freya 'Supernova' bikini a feast for the eyes, but it is also ideal for bigger busts. The shape of the bikini is very curve-friendly and it gives great uplift and shape to your cleavage. The bikini briefs are also extremely flattering, giving good coverage and a smooth fit. The bikini is very comfortable to wear, due to its ultra-soft Riviera fabric and lightly padded non-underwire cups. Although I normally prefer underwired bikinis due to their firm support, the non-underwire 'Supernova' bikini top felt surprisingly secure. With its snap-clasp back, the 'Supernova' keeps your curves in place, so that although they may be shaken, they are definitely not stirred (if you will pardon the pun!)

My one plea to Freya would be that they extend the range of back sizes down to a 28 in the triangle style of the 'Supernova' bikini and in their other triangle styles, as the smallest back size available remains a 30. Although the 30F in the 'Supernova' is not a bad fit, it is a little bit big in the back and I feel that if there was a 28 back available, I would get the perfect fit. This would also mean that there would be less pressure on my neck from the halterneck ties at the top of the bikini, which are put under more strain if the back band is not quite tight enough.


Overall, I am delighted with the Freya Supernova 'Voodoo' bikini and it is clear that a lot of effort has been put into the style and fit. I am also impressed with the continued high quality of Freya's swimwear - the XtraLife lycra extends your bikini's lifespan through high chlorine resistance, meaning that you can 'wow' in your Freya bikinis time and time again! Although the 'Voodoo' model of the 'Supernova' bikini is running quite low in stock on Brastop, if you can't find your size, check out Bravissimo, Leia lingerie and Figleaves for some great alternative patterns, whilst keeping the same figure-flattering style and support of the Freya 'Supernova'!



Love,
Kitty xo

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I was hoping that your review would mean that this style finally came in a 28 back! Sadness. Oh well, I love this style, so I may have to try it in a 30 back someday anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine,

    Thanks for your comment. Sadly a 28 is not yet available in Freya's triangle style bikini tops. I do hope that my review will encourage them to consider expanding the range to incorporate 28's in future! It is a very lovely bikini - Let me know how you get on with it if you get around to trying it!

    Love,
    Kitty xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message and let me know what you think of this post..